PROVIDING BETTER LIVING IS
The Laredo Housing Authority’s mission is to serve the diverse housing needs of families within its jurisdiction by :
1. Increasing the availability of safe, decent, sanitary and affordable housing in its
2. Ensuring equal opportunity in housing.
3. Promoting self-sufficiency and asset development of families and individuals.
4. Improving resident quality of life and economic viability.
5. Providing high-quality client services.
The Laredo Housing Authority is governed by a five member Board of Commissioners, one of whom is a housing authority resident. The Mayor of the City of Laredo, Texas appoints all board members. The Board of Commissioners has fiduciary responsibility as well as responsibility of establishing and overseeing policy for the agency. The Board of Commissioners also hires the Executive Director, who serves as the agency’s Chief Executive Officer. The Executive Director oversees the day-to-day operations of the Housing Authority and implements policies and programs established by the Board.
For the purposes of maintaining transparency and informing the public at large, the LHA will provide the agendas and minutes of its Board of Commissioners meetings.
Jose L. Ceballos
Chairman of the Board
Dr. Sergio Garza
Dr. Marisela Rodriguez
John R. Solis